AVP Virtual Cabaret Night 2021
‘Raze’ the Roof Cabaret!
Join us as we help to RAISE the funds to RAZE the roof of our Village Home.
2021 AVP CABARET- A VIRTUAL EVENT
Join us on Saturday, February 27 at 7:00 pm, (suggested donation: $20) from the comforts of your own home, as your friends and neighbors attempt to make you smile, laugh- maybe even cry (or roll your eyes!) You will certainly see some familiar faces!
Each year the Players entertain us with an engaging Cabaret show. Held in the Annisquam Village Hall, this show delights the sold-out crowd with songs and skits performed by our thespians. This year the pandemic has presented us with a wonderful opportunity – a Silver Lining of sorts! Because we are not able to gather inside, the AVP will be performing this year’s Cabaret virtually.
And to make this an even more special event, we will be donating all monies collected to the Annisquam Village Hall Association Roof Fund, as they embark upon their re-do of our beloved Village Hall. You will be hearing more from the Association very soon about this most worthy and necessary preservation.
THE ANNISQUAM VILLAGE HALL – A BRIEF HISTORY
The Annisquam Village Hall is a building that is near and dear to all of us; it is the Heart of our Community. Since its construction in 1828, the hall has watched the tide come and go nearly 140,000 times. It has witnessed six or more generations grow up nearby. It has hosted joy and sorrow, weddings, funerals, dances, political rallies, solemn and serious lectures, lighthearted frivolity, theater, and more. It has sheltered a sail loft, multiple stores, our local post office, our library, the Leonard Club, and other social organizations now lost to memory. Its owners have altered it, enlarged it, changed some of its windows and many of its doors. It is always just there, sort of like Squam Rock.
After serving the village for nearly 200 years, it needs some help from the village.
HELP US SUPPORT
The AVP, like all of Annisquam, thinks of the Hall as our Village Home – the Heart of our Community. We have performed our productions here for over 100 years. Without the AVH, there would be no AVP. We would now like to give back and help the Association with the re-build of the Hall Roof. Under this roof, we build Community. Please consider supporting us as we support the AVH:
- Patron: $20 (suggested donation), watch the production
- Eave: $50, allows guests to watch production, name will be listed on AVP website and scrolled at the end of the show
- Soffit: $100, all the above
- Cupola: $250, all the above, plus a bottle of Prosecco will be delivered (locally), to enjoy while watching the show. If you are outside of a 35-mile radius, your Prosecco will be waiting for you- on ice, this summer! (Please let us know if you would rather not have your name mentioned)
To watch the show:
- On Saturday, February 27, starting at 7:00 pm, click the ‘SHOW’ link here on our website, and enjoy! It’s that easy! (The show link will be available by 4:00 pm on the day of the show, although the show will not begin until 7:00 pm.)
- The Annisquam Village Players is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donations are tax exempt to the extent the law allows.
- Online payment can be made with credit card, or by mailing a check made out to the AVP, c/o Stevie Neal, 50 Leonard Street, Gloucester, MA 01930
- If you have questions or for more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org